The amaretto liqueur gives this ice cream a delightful flavor. This time, the ice cream is for the adults as well.
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds -
- 2 containers (8 oz each) non-dairy dessert topping, defrosted -
- 3 egg yolks -
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar -
- ½ cup vanilla soy milk (or regular soy milk + 2 tsp vanilla sugar) -
- 2 Tbsp amaretto liqueur -
- ½ tsp almond extract -
1. Place the slivered almonds on a sheet of parchment paper. Crush them slightly by rolling a rolling pin over them a few times.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the beater attachment, beat dessert topping until stiff. Add yolks, confectioners’ sugar, soy milk, amaretto, and almond extract. Mix until stiff. Add crushed slivered almonds and mix in gently with a rubber spatula.
3. Freeze for at least 3 hours. Serve and enjoy.
NOTE: This recipe contains raw eggs, which should not be consumed by those who are pregnant, elderly, very young, or who have impaired immune systems.