Full of healthy, nutritious ingredients, it
- ½ cup oil -
- 1 cup applesauce -
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed -
- 3 eggs -
- 2¼ cups milk -
- ½ cup molasses -
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour -
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour -
- 3 cups bran -
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ -
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins -
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon -
- 1 Tbsp baking powder -
- ½ cup chopped dates (optional) -
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Lightly spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine oil, applesauce, brown sugar, eggs, milk and molasses.
4. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix into wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling to the top. Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
NOTE You can mix this recipe by hand or using an electric mixer.