A dressed up adult version of every kid
- Cornmeal for dusting -
- 1 recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Dough -
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese -
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced crosswise -
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese -
- 8 basil leaves -
- Kosher salt (optional) -
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Dust table surface with cornmeal. Using a pizza stone if you have one, spread the ball of dough into a flat round, pulling at the edges to create an even circle. Rub the garlic onto the dough, leaving an inch at the circumference for the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, place tomatoes on top of the mozzarella and then sprinkle Parmesan cheese all over. Add basil leaves and sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt (optional).
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
NOTE: For pizzas made with white dough, bake at 375° F for 20 to 30 minutes.