This flavorful, healthy sauce really complements the mellow taste of baked sea bass. For presentation purposes, I baked the sea bass separately from the sauce, but I usually follow the recipe below, and I think you should too!
- 4 slices sea bass (about 2 lbs.) -
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed -
- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- 3 large tomatoes, diced -
- 3 heaping tsp tomato paste -
- 1⁄8 tsp sugar -
- Salt and pepper to taste -
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar -
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro -
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Place the sea bass in a shallow baking dish.
2. In a saucepan, brown the garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the tomatoes and stir. Add the tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer until the chunks of tomato begin to soften – about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the balsamic vinegar and fresh cilantro and remove from heat.
3. Pour the sauce over the fish and cover. Bake immediately for 8 to 10 minutes.
NOTES: Using fresh herbs in this recipe makes all the difference.