This soup is both filling and healthy and the color is stunning as well. Bok choy enhances the flavor and adds so much to the presentation. However, if you are freezing the soup, wait to add the bok choy leaves until it
- onion - 1, cut into quarters
- garlic - 2 cloves, crushed
- oil - 1 Tbsp
- red lentils - 1 lb., rinsed and drained
- butternut squash - ½ large (or 1 small one), peeled and cut in large pieces
- water - 8 cups
- soup mix - 2 Tbsp onion
- Black pepper - and salt to taste
- bok choy - 2 bunches, trimmed
1. In a stock pot, sauté onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Add lentils and squash and sauté for 5 minutes more.
3. Add water and onion soup mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes, until lentils and squash are soft. Stir occasionally.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Purée with an immersion stick blender and cook 5 minutes more.
6. Toss in bok choy and cook 3 minutes more.