This is one of those recipes that have been in my family for ages and no one really knows where it originates. The list of directions may seem long but this is really a very simple, no-fail recipe.
- ¼ cup butter -
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs -
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar -
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans -
- 16 oz (1 lb) cream cheese at room -
- 1¼ cups dark brown sugar, lightly packed -
- 3 eggs -
- 1 tsp rum extract -
- 1 tsp vanilla extract -
- ¼ cup sour cream -
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans -
- 1½ cups sour cream -
- ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed -
- ¾ tsp maple extract -
- ½ tsp rum extract -
- Whipped cream and pecan halves -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Crust: Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat. Stir in crumbs, brown sugar and nuts. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch round springform pan.
3. Filling: Beat cream cheese and brown sugar together in an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Slowly beat in eggs one at a time. Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. Pour over crust.
4. Bake for 1 hour and then remove from oven.
5. Meanwhile, stir together all topping ingredients in a mixing bowl. Spread evenly over cheesecake and return to oven for 10 minutes.
6. Cool completely. Garnish cheesecake with whipped cream and pecan halves before serving.