The beautiful colors of this cabbage salad add instant appeal to any buffet or dinner. Simple to prepare, this cabbage salad has a delicious, crunchy texture.
- 1 lb shredded purple cabbage -
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed -
- 2 scallions, chopped -
- 1 6-oz can sliced water chestnuts, strained -
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds or cashews -
- 1/3 cup vinegar -
- ¼ cup honey -
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil -
- 1½ tsp low-sodium soy sauce -
1. Place the cabbage, peas, scallions and water chestnuts into a large mixing bowl.
2. Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and whisk or shake together.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, pour the dressing over the salad.
4. Add nuts immediately before serving and toss well.
This recipe was featured in Mishpacha Magazine's Kosher Inspired, November 2010.