I make this salad with homemade pasta, but if it isn
- pasta - Capellini or fresh angel hair pasta (12-16-oz.)
- green onions - 3 (scallions), sliced
- celery - 2 stalks, diced
- water chestnuts - 1 can, drained and sliced
- carrots - 3, julienned
- sesame seeds - 1⁄3 cup black as a garnish
- soy sauce - 1⁄3 cup
- brown sugar - 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder - ¼ tsp
- sesame oil - 2 Tbsp toasted
- ginger - Dash
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Place all the salad ingredients (except sesame seeds) in a large bowl together with the pasta.
4. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to evenly coat.
5. Place salad into a Ziploc bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
6. Shortly before serving, transfer to a serving dish and top with black sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.