When it comes down to it, there are few side dishes that can compete with potatoes, especially roasted ones. This combination of rosemary and mustard is great. You can substitute 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary for the fresh, but try to use fresh if you can.
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard -
- ¼ cup olive oil -
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine -
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed -
- 1 tsp coarse salt -
- ¼ tsp black pepper -
- 1⁄8 cup fresh rosemary leaves (see sidebar) -
- 2 lbs. red-skinned baby potatoes, cut into quarters -
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
3. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
4. Pour potatoes onto a large cookie sheet and spread in a single layer. Sprinkle rosemary all around.
5. Roast potatoes, tossing with a spatula a few times until potatoes are crusty on the outside and tender inside, about 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.