- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts or deboned chicken -
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or 2 frozen cubes, thawed) -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1 tsp black pepper -
- 2 tsp paprika -
- ½ tsp chili powder -
- 2 tsp cumin -
- 1 Tbsp vinegar -
- Oil for frying -
1. Wash chicken and cut into thin strips (about 1 inch wide); pat dry.
2. Make a paste out of the spices and vinegar and, using your fingertips, rub evenly into the chicken.
3. Let marinate in fridge, covered, for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Coat bottom of frying pan with oil and sauté chicken pieces on all sides on mediumhigh heat until tender, almost 10 minutes. Stir constantly.
5. Serve hot with warm pita.