- 4 Tbsp oil (approximately) -
- 3 leeks (white part only), finely chopped -
- 1 large onion, finely chopped -
- Salt to taste -
- ½ tsp sugar -
- 1 Tbsp mustard -
- 2 Tbsp whole peppercorns -
- 6 slices minute steak -
- Black pepper to taste -
- Garlic powder to taste -
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped -
1. Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Sauté the leeks and onions until golden. Add salt and sugar. When very soft, add mustard and peppercorns. Cook for 5 minutes more.
2. Meanwhile, tenderize the meat, making it quite thin, and sprinkle with black pepper and garlic powder.
3. Sear the meat on both sides, 2 or 3 slices at a time, at high heat in 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan. Remove from pan and sear the next batch. When all the slices of meat have been seared, put them back in the pan. Cover with the sauce and then cover the pan. Cook on medium-low heat for about 1 hour. (If you intend to freeze the meat, you can freeze it at this point, once it has cooled.)
4. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley right before serving.