Hot and spicy with traditional buffalo wing dipping sauce, this dish will be a sure winner at your next meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenders separated, -
- each breast cut into long strips about the size of the tenders -
- 1½ cups cornflake crumbs -
- 3 handfuls tortilla chips, crushed by hand to make 1 cup -
- crushed chips -
- 1 1.25-oz packet taco seasoning mix -
- 1 Tbsp chili powder -
- 1¾ cups (16-ounce jar) salsa, as spicy as you like -
- Dipping Sauce
- 4 Tbsp margarine -
- 1/3 cup Frank’s RedHot® or other hot sauce -
- ¾ tsp garlic powder -
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Set up a two-part breading station. Pour the cornflake crumbs and crushed tortilla chips into a shallow dish or tin. Mix in the taco seasoning and chili powder. Stir to evenly distribute. Pour the salsa into a second shallow dish.
3. Roll one strip of chicken at a time in the salsa, patting it to stick. Roll in the flavored crumbs. Place onto the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken, including the tenders.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
5. In the meantime, prepare the dipping sauce: In a small pot, melt the margarine. Whisk in the hot sauce and garlic powder. Remove from heat. Alternatively, you can remove from the heat and then use an immersion blender right in the pot. Allow to cool.
6. Serve the chicken strips with the dipping sauce
Recipe contributed by www.koshereye.com
Recipe featured in Kosher Inspired, Issue 1, Nov 2010. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.