This dish can be served as a first course or a salad course, but will also go nicely alongside meat or poultry for the main dish. It
- avocados - 2 ripe
- orange juice - ¼ cup, plus extra for dipping
- mango - 1
- chives - 4 whole
- cilantro - About 4 stems
- pomegranate seeds - ½ cup
- lime - Juice of 1
- black pepper - Salt and freshly ground to taste
- endives - 1-2 bunches for serving
1. Cut the avocado flesh into ½-inch cubes and dip them into some extra orange juice to prevent them from turning brown (you can even soak them in the orange juice for up to 1 hour before the avocado will turn soft, but if you will not be using them right away, it’s better just to brush them).
2. Cut the mango flesh into ½-inch cubes. Chop both chives and cilantro into very fine pieces.
3. Combine all ingredients (except endives) together in a large bowl. Separate endives into individual leaves. Slice a thin sliver off the outer edge of each leaf to make it stand and spoon salsa into each endive leaf. Arrange on a serving platter. Serve chilled.