The roasting chicken gives off its own delicious juices, making a great gravy for use over plain rice or roasted potatoes. You won't go wrong with this flavor!
- Whole chicken for roasting, approximately 3 lbs. -
- 2 cloves garlic, minced -
- 2 cloves garlic, whole -
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters -
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary -
- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice -
- Freshly ground or cracked black pepper -
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Wash the chicken and pat dry. Using your hands, smear the minced garlic under its skin. Fill the cavity of the chicken with the whole garlic cloves, lemon and rosemary.
3. Place chicken on a metal rack that has a drip tray underneath it and rub skin with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with pepper.
4. Roast, uncovered, for 55 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
NOTES: This goes nicely with roasted baby potatoes. Just wash the potatoes and pat dry. Place in a roasting pan, smear with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Roast potatoes at the same time as the chicken, for about 35 to 40 minutes, tossing to coat once about halfway through.