Try this delicious salad for a refreshing, healthful side dish that makes a beautiful presentation. It
- red onion - 1
- jicama - 1 medium-size, peeled just before using
- carrots - 3
- orange juice - 1 cup
- orange - Zest of one small
- vinegar - 3 Tbsp
1. Cut onion into quarters and soak in salted hot water for one hour. Drain well.
2. Coarsely grate jicama, onion and carrot.
3. Mix all ingredients together. Voila! You have a yummy salad.
VARIATION: Add 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise for a creamy slaw.
NOTE: Jicama should be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag; it will keep about 2 weeks. It’s delicious either raw or cooked.