This is a wonderful combination of all of summer
- peaches - 2 large fresh, halved and pitted
- tomatoes - 3 large vine-ripe, in different colors
- scallions - 2, chopped (greens included)
- rosemary - Small sprigs fresh, for garnishing
- olive oil - ½ cup
- balsamic vinegar - ¼ cup
- red wine - 2 tsp
- mustard - ½ tsp
- kosher salt - 1 tsp for sprinkling
- pepper - Freshly ground, to taste (optional)
1. Combine all dressing ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (you can also broil in oven at 400° F). Brush peaches with 2 tablespoons of dressing.
3. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until peaches are softened, turning halfway through cooking, after about 4 minutes. Remove from grill, cool to room temperature and cut into wedges.
4. Slice the colored tomatoes thinly and arrange in a casual pile in the center of the individual plates or platter.
5. Sprinkle with scallions and place peach wedges in the center. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over salad.
6. Drizzle with remaining dressing, letting some of the vinaigrette surround the salad on the plate, and garnish with rosemary.
VARIATION: Top with one heaping teaspoon of cottage cheese to create a wholesome
and delicious meal.