Fresh flavors, salty cheese, and bold balsamic blend together to create a real treat. For a pareve option, omit the feta cheese.
- 2 small eggplants, sliced crosswise (do not peel) -
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing -
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper -
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into thin wedges -
- 2 tsp capers (optional) -
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese -
- Fresh Italian parsley, for garnishing -
- 2 cloves garlic, minced -
- 1½ Tbsp red wine vinegar -
- 1½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar -
- ½ tsp dried oregano -
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil -
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper -
- 1⁄8 tsp salt -
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Brush eggplant with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place slices directly onto the rack in your oven using 2 racks. Cover the bottom rack with foil and place eggplant on top one. Otherwise, place an oven liner on the lower rack to catch drips. Let eggplant grill for about 10 minutes, turning slices over halfway through cooking.
3. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
4. When eggplant is done, cool to room temperature and mix with tomatoes and capers. Toss with dressing, sprinkle with feta cheese on top, and garnish with Italian parsley.
NOTE: If you prefer, broil eggplant slices on a broiling pan.