This is a superb showstopper that deserves center stage. It
- 1 package store-bought spring roll wrappers -
- cooking spray -
- oven-safe spoons, such as stainless steel or ceramic -
- Avocado Guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado -
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice -
- ¼ cup oil or mayonnaise -
- 1 red onion, -
- finely chopped dash of black pepper -
- ½ tsp salt -
- ½ tsp garlic powder -
- Salmon Spread
- 1 can pink salmon -
- 1 can tuna -
- ½ purple onion (diced) -
- 3–4 Tbsp mayonnaise onion powder (to taste) -
- garlic powder (to taste) -
- black pepper (to taste) -
- Mock Liver Filling
- 1 package frozen green baby lima beans (16 oz / 450 gr.)) -
- 3–5 hard boiled eggs -
- 2 large onions oil, for sautéing -
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise -
- 2 Tbsp ground walnuts -
- salt and pepper to taste -
- Tuna Spread
- 1 can tuna -
- 2–3 Tbsp mayonnaise -
- 1 stalk celery (finely diced) -
- 1 sour pickle (diced) -
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Lightly spray a spoon with oil and place one wrapper onto it. Spray the bottom part of a second spoon and place it on the wrapper, over the first spoon. Press down gently and with a knife cut around the spoon. Place the spoons and wapper on a lined baking tray.
Repeat with all the wrappers. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool. (Caution: Spoons will be very hot.)
Fill a piping bag with filling of your choice, pipe a swirl onto the spoon and garnish.
Peel Avocado, remove pit, and cut into chunks. Blend with the remaining ingredients until smooth.
Mock Liver Filling:
Sautee onions in oil and remove with a slotted spoon. Cook lima beans and drain. Blend all ingredients with hand blender.
Other filling ideas:
herbed cream cheese, egg salad
This recipe was featured in Mishpacha Magazine's Family First, December 2010.