There is nothing dietetic tasting about this dish; it just happens to be low fat. Be careful not to overcook the chicken or it can get too dried out. It
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts -
- 1 onion, chopped -
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced -
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced -
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced -
- ½ orange pepper, thinly sliced -
- 3 large portobello mushrooms -
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed -
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1 tsp black pepper -
- 1 Tbsp dried basil -
- 1 tsp Splenda (optional) -
1. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Combine ingredients for marinade in a small bowl. Place chicken into a medium bowl and pour half of the marinade over it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Place the cut vegetables into a ziploc bag and add the remaining marinade. Mix well. Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
3. Spray a large saucepan or wok with cooking spray. Place the chicken pieces into the pan for one minute. Stir well and let cook for 1 minute more. Remove from pan.
4. Empty the contents of the Ziploc bag into the pan and let the vegetables sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked chicken pieces and sauté on medium-high heat for 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.