Bananas seem to turn brown faster than you can buy them! Even though a few brown spots are a sign that hey are at their sweetest, children somehow don
- 2 very ripe bananas -
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice -
- 1¾ cups flour -
- ½ cup sugar -
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, lightly -
- 1 tsp baking powder -
- ½ tsp baking soda -
- ¾ tsp salt -
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon -
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil -
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt (low-fat) -
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten -
- 2 to 3 Tbsp caramel sauce for the -
- centers (e.g., Dulce de Leche) -
- Pecan Topping
- 3 Tbsp melted butter -
- 1 cup chopped pecans -
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed -
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12 compartments of a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Combine Pecan Topping ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
3. Place bananas in the bottom of a large bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in lemon juice. Add flour on top, then add remaining ingredients for batter. Mix gently with a rubber spatula until ingredients are just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Fill each muffin compartment halfway, then place about ½ teaspoon (or a bit more) of caramel sauce onto the centre of the batter. Use a knife to swirl just slightly. Top with remaining batter, filling each compartment almost to the top. Sprinkle with Pecan Topping.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden.