This is my all-time favorite side dish. Whether for Shabbos or weekday, it is always a hit. Do not overcook
- ½ cup pine nuts -
- ½ lb. snow peas -
- 2 cloves crushed garlic -
- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- 1 Tbsp dried and crushed basil -
- 1 tsp kosher salt -
1. Toast pine nuts in an oven set to 350° F for about 10 minutes or until just browned.
2. Clean and take off ends of snow peas.
3. Sauté garlic in olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add snow peas and toss to coat with oil. Add basil.
4. Sauté for 5 minutes more, then add pine nuts and sprinkle with kosher salt. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
VARIATION: I sometimes add button mushrooms along with the snow peas.
NOTE: Sugar snap peas are also a delicious substitute for snow peas. I often interchange them.