Delicious hearty tomato soup, can be made parve or milchigs.
- 1/4 cup olive oil -
- 1 med onion -
- 3 cloves garlic -
- 2 - 28 ounce cans whole tomatoes -
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar -
- 3 slices rye or w/w bread (remove crust) -
- 2 tablespoon chicken soup mix -
- 2 cups water (if making milchig add 2 cups milk and 1 tablespoon butter instead of water ) -
- Salt and pepper to taste -
Heat oil , add Diced onions and garlic let sauté till garlic starts to brown 3-5 min, add tomatoes and mash with potatoe masher let cook for 5 min , add bread cut in small peices and add brown sugar , blend with immersion blender (not fully) after bread is saturated Add soup mix and water bring to boil Add salt and pepper and 1 more tablespoon oil let simmer for 5 min and serve. Enjoy !!