Even when it
- 4 large baking potatoes -
- 2 large carrots -
- 2 small zucchini -
- 1 medium onion -
- 1 egg -
- ¼ cup matzoh meal -
- ¼ tsp salt -
- ¼ tsp white pepper -
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary -
- Canola oil for frying -
- 1.Shred potatoes, onions and zucchini. Place in a colander a let sit for 10 minutes, squeezing occasionally to ensure that all the vegetables are mostly dry.
- 2.Shred carrots and add to above shredded vegetables.
- 3.Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together with remaining ingredients.
- 4.Heat a large frying pan with a few tablespoons of oil and drop batter by tablespoon full onto the hot oil. Flip over when underside is brown.
- 5.Serve with applesauce or sour cream.
I prefer to use the ground rosemary for this recipe, but you can just crumble the larger rosemary leaves between your fingers.