The colors in this salad add elegance to any sweet table or dinner table. If the almonds sit too long in the dressing, they turn a bit soft, so if you do make this salad in advance, add almonds just before serving. I have one friend who told me she makes this salad so often she could probably make it in her sleep!
- green beans - 2 lbs., trimmed
- mango - 1 large, peeled, dried and cut into chunks
- cranberries - 1 cup dried
- almonds - 1 cup whole salted, roasted (slivered almonds also work well)
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- mayonnaise - ½ cup (reduced fat is fine)
- garlic - 8 cloves
- scallions - 3, chopped
- balsamic vinegar - A bit less than ¼ cup
- Dijon mustard - 2 Tbsp
- honey - 3 Tbsp
- Kosher salt - to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook green beans for about 5 to 7 minutes; drain. Run ice-cold water over the green beans immediately to make sure they stop cooking. Drain again.
2. Meanwhile, place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor fitted with the steel blade attachment. Process on high for about 1 minute.
3. When ready to serve, place green beans, mango, dried cranberries and almonds in a large bowl; drizzle dressing over and toss well.
NOTE: This dressing can be made ahead of time and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.