- 2 cups grated Idaho or russet potatoes -
- 2 cups grated celery root -
- 2 eggs -
- ¼ cup flavored breadcrumbs -
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped -
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste -
- Vegetable oil for frying -
1. Place the grated potatoes and celery root into a colander and press to squeeze out extra juices.
2. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients except oil; mix well.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan and place tablespoons of batter into the hot oil. Be careful not to overcrowd.
4. Once edges have browned, flip latkes over and cook on other side. Remove latkes from oil with slotted spoon or spatula and place on prepared sheets of paper towel to drain.