Even those who aren
- 2 Tbsp olive oil -
- 3 leeks (white parts only), chopped -
- 1 zucchini, peeled and chopped -
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped -
- 2 lbs frozen cauliflower -
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt -
- 1 tsp white pepper -
- Water to cover (about 3 to 4 cups) -
- Candied Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup sugar -
- ½ cup pine nuts -
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add leeks, zucchini, and potato and let cook on low heat, stirring occasionally until just softened — about 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower, salt, and pepper. Add enough water to just cover the vegetables, and cook for about half an hour or until vegetables are very soft. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
3. Using an immersion blender, purée all the vegetables to a smooth consistency.
4. For candied pine nuts, place sugar and pine nuts in a heavy non-stick skillet or frying pan, over low heat, until sugar begins to melt.
5. As sugar is melting, keep stirring until the sugar is liquid enough to coat the nuts, but not too dark in color. Remove from heat and spread onto parchment paper. Let cool.