These rich and delicious cupcakes are a coffee lover
- Cream Topping
- 6 oz whipped cream cheese -
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter -
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee -
- 2/3 cup milk -
- 7 cups confectioner’s sugar -
- 4 eggs -
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar -
- 2½ cups all purpose flour -
- 1 tsp baking powder -
- Pinch of salt -
- ½ cup milk -
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat the cream cheese and butter with a hand or electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth.
3. Stir the coffee into the milk until it dissolves.
4. Continuing to use the mixer, add the sugar into the cream cheese mixture, alternating with the milk mixture until it is well blended and shiny.
5. Remove 2 cups of this mixture and set aside for the cream topping.
6. Mix the salt and baking powder into the flour. Add the eggs to the balance of the cream ingredients (this is now your batter) and continue to add all of the other ingredients, alternating the milk with the flour until you have a smooth batter.
7. Pour the batter into muffin tins lined with muffin paper liners until 3/4 full and bake for 25-30 minutes. Alternatively, you can bake this as a cake in a 10"-round pan for 45-50 minutes.
8. Cool. Spread the cream over the cupcakes and garnish with chocolate curls or melted chocolate. Or, dip the cooled cupcakes in the cream and then swirl it on the cupcakes.
This recipe was featured in Mishpacha Magazine's Kosher Inspired, November 2010.