Imitation crab, or surimi, is a product popularly used in sushi, especially California rolls. It can be found in the freezer section of most kosher supermarkets andfish stores. It is sold both as small pieces or longer sticks. For this salad, I prefer the sticks.
- 4 large bell peppers in 4 different colors -
- 10 sticks surimi seafood sticks (approximately) -
- 2 whole scallions, chopped -
- Kosher salt -
- Spicy Mayo Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise -
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice -
- 2 tsp hot sauce (adjust to taste) -
- ½ tsp sugar -
- 1 Tbsp water -
1. Dice the peppers and the imitation crab into small, equally sized cubes. (The actual size does not matter, as long as you remain consistent. I prefer the size to be very small because I think it looks nice.)
2. Place all salad ingredients into a bowl and sprinkle very lightly with kosher salt.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl, pour over the salad, and mix until evenly