- 6 Tbsp flour -
- 5 Tbsp sugar -
- 5 eggs -
- ½ tsp vanilla sugar -
- 1 cup milk or club soda -
- 1 Tbsp oil -
- 2 lbs. farmer’s cheese -
- 14 oz. sour cream (full fat) -
- 1 lb. cottage cheese -
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding (3¼ oz. each) -
- Topping (optional)
- 1 19-oz. can cherry pie filling -
1. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Let batter rest 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Grease a non-stick pan. Using a ladle, pour in enough batter to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. You may have to swirl the pan in a circular motion to create an even layer of batter. Once the batter solidifies into a crêpe, turn it over and cook on other side for 30 seconds. Remove. Repeat with remaining batter.
1. Mix ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
1. Create a blintz cake by alternating layers of crêpes and layers of filling. (Don’t put it in a pan. You can do it on a cake stand.)
2. Start with a crêpe spread thinly with filling (between ¼- and ½-inch thick). Make sure the crêpe is fully covered.
3. Cover with a second crêpe and spread with filling again. Make as many layers as you desire.
4. Spoon can of cherry pie filling over the “cake” before serving, if desired.
TIP: there is no need to grease the frying pan between each crêpe; before every fourth or fifth crêpe is sufficient. You can use a crêpe maker, if you prefer.
To warm before serving, place uncovered in oven for 10 minutes, then add topping.