Anyone who has my book Spice it Right knows that I am a big fan of pesto, using it whenever I can. I always keep some in the freezer, so this salad takes only moments to throw together.
- Pesto Recipe
- 2½ cups basil leaves -
- 4 T Tbsp pine nuts -
- 2 garlic cloves, minced -
- ¾ tsp Kosher Salt -
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper -
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional) -
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil -
1. In a food processor, blend the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese (if using), salt and pepper. After about 10 seconds – while the machine is still in motion – stream in the olive oil very slowly. Continue to mix until well blended.