Apples, maple and pecans are always an outstanding combination. Crowned with a warm, dairy caramel topping...need I say more?
- 8 C Cortland apples -
- 8 Tbsp pure maple syrup -
- Crumb Topping
- ½ cup cold margarine or cold butter -
- 1¼ cups flour -
- ¾ cup brown sugar -
- ½ cup roasted honey pecans, chopped -
1. Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
2. Combine the flour, butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl and press between your fingers until small crumbs form. Add the pecan pieces and mix until evenly combined.
3. Core the apples three-quarters of the way down the center, leaving the bottoms of the apples intact.
4. Pour one tablespoon of maple syrup into each core and then fill with the crumb mixture.
5. Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes, checking the apples often. Before serving, pour warmed caramel sauce over the apples.
This recipe was featured in Mishpacha Magazine's Kosher Inspired, November 2010.