These pita chips have a distinct Middle Eastern flavor. Don
- pita breads - 4 (white or whole wheat)
- Olive oil -
- Sesame seeds -
- Za’atar -
1. Preheat your oven to broil or heat up the BBQ on high.
2. With a sharp knife, cut around the perimeter of the pitas to create 2 circles. Then cut each circle into 4 quarters.
3. Using a pastry brush, paint the olive oil liberally onto each quarter.
4. Sprinkle with Za’atar (if your brand of Za’atar does not come with sesame seeds already mixed into it, then sprinkle some of those on at this point, as well).
5. Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until chips are crisp. Watch carefully to prevent burning.