- dry yeast - 1 package
- warm water - ¼ cup
- sugar - ¼ cup
- milk - ¾ cup
- butter - 6 Tbsp
- flour - 3½ cups
- vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp
- egg - 1, lightly beaten
- salt - 1 tsp
- Egg Glaze
- egg - 1 yolk
- milk - 1 Tbsp
- salt - A pinch
- Garlic Butter
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- butter - ¼ cup, room temperature
1. Combine the yeast, water and 2 Tbsp of the sugar in a small glass bowl. Leave them to rest until small bubbles form.
2. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat until combined. Cool until tepid.
3. Place flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in the cooled milk and yeast mixtures. Add remaining sugar, oil, egg and salt. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to form a soft dough.
4. Transfer dough to a large greased bowl and knead. Cover dough and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Punch it down and let it rest for 5 more minutes.
5. Form into small roll shapes and place into greased muffin tins.
6. Preheat oven to 375° F. Let rolls rise for 30 more minutes and brush with egg glaze. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Prepare garlic butter. Using a knife, gently work the garlic into the butter until it is fully combined. Refrigerate. Serve with garlic butter, if desired.
NOTE: According to halachah, rolls that are baked with dairy ingredients must bear an
obvious identifying mark to distinguish them from pareve rolls unless all the rolls will be